HJP is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer.
CAD Technician – We will train you in Fire Protection
H.J. Pertzborn Plumbing and Fire Protection, Inc. is seeking a quality focused CAD Technician to work with our Fire Protection team. This newly created position is responsible for supporting our Fire Protection team. You bring your CAD skills and we’ll share our Fire Protection knowledge! Your contributions will ensure that people and various structures are properly protected by:
- Collaborating with designers, trades, and customers to convert information into designs and drawings using AutoCAD and HydraCAD.
- Referring to information received from various formats (Sketches, BIM Execution Plans. Architectural drawings, AutoCAD drawings, PDFs) to aid in the development of design packages.
- Prepare clear, complete, and accurate detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches, existing libraries and client specifications.
To be successful in this opportunity, you will need:
- Interest and ability to work collaboratively with contractors, building owners, other trades, and designers;
- Associates Degree in drafting\architecture\engineering or related field;
- Strong Computer Aided Design skills, AutoCAD and/or HydraCAD skills are required;
- Outstanding listening skills – including the ability to inquire further to problem solve and anticipate customer’s design need is required;
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written presentation;
- Strong organization, prioritization, attention to detail, and follow through is required;
- Interest and ability to maintain positive working relationships with our internal and external customers, suppliers, vendors, general contractors and/or subcontractors is required;
- Working knowledge of computer programs including MS Office is required;
- Ability to build and maintain model reference libraries is a preferred;
- Previous design and layout of Fire Protection systems is a preferred;
- Familiarity and application of NFPA codes & standards is a preferred;
- Knowledge and application of state & local fire protection codes is a preferred;
- Ability to perform Hydraulic Calculations is preferred; and
- Knowledge of Fire Protection products and applications is preferred.
In exchange for your talents, H.J. Pertzborn offers competitive pay and benefits. H.J. Pertzborn is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume and pay requirements to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
H.J. Pertzborn Plumbing and Fire Protection, Inc. is seeking a shop labor to assist us with loading and unloading materials, cleaning the shop, and making deliveries to our job sites. To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A valid license and be insurable is required;
- To successfully passed the plumbing apprentice aptitude exam is required;
- The ability to consistently lift 80lbs is required;
- The interest and ability to learn about plumbing materials and fittings is required;
- A strong work ethic including dependable attendance and punctuality is required; and
- Previous experience pulling and backing up a pick-up truck with trailer is preferred.
In exchange for your success in this role, this position may lead to a Plumbing Apprentice position within HJ Pertzborn. H.J. Pertzborn offers competitive pay and benefits. H.J. Pertzborn is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume and pay requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop into our offices at 802 John Nolen Drive, Madison, WI to complete an application. We look forward to hearing from you!